Health coaching, also referred to as wellness coaching, is a process that facilitates healthy, sustainable behavior change by challenging a client to listen to their inner wisdom, identify their values, and transform their goals into action. Health coaching draws on the principles of positive psychology and the practices of motivational interviewing and goal setting. Our Health Coaches are not certified to give you nutritional or fitness training prescriptions or programs. They will, however, work with those professionals when needed to ensure a comprehensive understanding of your needs.
Whether you are aspiring to create a new healthy lifestyle or training to compete in an endeavor that will push your limits, you will need to be dedicated and disciplined. There is no “one-size-fits-all” magic strategy. Working with a Health Coach will help you get clear on your goals as well as your obstacles. This partnership will provide accountability, motivation, strategy and inspiration that is unique to you. Your Health Coach is your partner to help you work through the hurdles and to celebrate your successes, large and small.
What to expect at your appointment?
Here are a few guidelines to help you feel at ease and to gain the greatest benefit from your coaching sessions:
• The first meeting will be between 90-120 minutes where you and your coach will get clear on the goals you have, discuss your habits and patterns and begin to look at the first steps towards wellness.
• Ongoing weekly meetings last anywhere from 30-60 minutes.
• You are the expert. The coach is your sounding board and accountability partner. They will ask deep, thought provoking questions to help you gain awareness and motivation so that you maintain progress forwards.
• The coach can and will address aspects of the client’s life that are outside the realm of diet and exercise, such as work stress, life balance and spiritual and mental well-being.
• Meetings can be held in person, on the phone or via Skype.
Health Coaching Rates
Click here to learn about our health coaching staff.