What do Nutrition Specialists do?
Nutritionists are trained professionals skilled in developing unique, customized programs including food and lifestyle modifications that will allow you to reach your specific health goals. They provide the education and motivation required to get you on the path to your optimal state of health.
Why see a Nutrition Specialist?
- Prevention – this is the specialists’ best case scenario. Many people have genetic weaknesses and family histories of cancer, heart disease and other major illnesses. By taking control of the factors you can change including diet and lifestyle, you have a chance of beating the odds. Investing in your health today will pay off with a happy, healthy future.
- Lose weight effectively – being overweight puts you at a higher risk of developing serious conditions such as diabetes and heart disease. In order to lose weight properly and keep it off, more than just a “diet” is involved – a whole change in lifestyle is required, and those changes must be tailored to your unique physical, mental and emotional makeup.
- Maximize the benefits from your fitness routine – being active and building muscle is half the battle – without the right foods going into your body, plus proper rest and relaxation for recovery, you will not reach your optimal state of health. Why put all the effort into challenging your body physically, if you are not going to do everything you can to ensure health from the inside?
- Increase your energy and sense of well-being – sometimes we get in a rut, and our work and family life suffers. Finding out what you may be doing wrong, and incorporating positive health-promoting changes can help you live the life you crave. Eat well, feel well, and look great – people notice when you are radiating health and it will boost your confidence and energize you!
- Here are a few more reasons: Doctors referral, fatigue, weight loss, weight or muscle gain, eating disorders, joint pain, cancer prevention or battling, digestive problems, stress, food allergies, general allergies, skin disorders, cardiovascular health, mental health, hormonal problems, pre & post natal, optimizing general health, child or sports nutrition.
What to expect?
Our Nutrition Specialists offer a variety of services to address your specific health and wellness needs including:
- Individualized nutrition consultations Our specialist will ask you questions about your lifestyle and eating habits and help you develop goals for achieving healthier eating patterns and set you up for success.
- Diet Analysis Based on your current diet intake, you will be given written reports that show comparisons of your suggested dietary recommendation. You and the nutritionist will come up with ways you can keep doing the things you’re doing well and improve on the things that are not adding to your optimum wellness.
- A personal grocery shopping tour A nutritionist can visit a local grocery store with you, offering tips for making healthy food choices and providing food preparation ideas to meet your budget.
Nutrition Appointment Rates
Click here to learn more about our Certified Nutritionist, Emily Bell.
Click here to learn about our Community Nutrition Relationships.